Re: Re: Sample ready-to-play clans?

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 2003 07:43:12 +0000 (GMT)

> >I wonder if it would
> >be possible to down-load a clan from King of Dragon
> >Pass in human-readable format, ready for HW use?
>
> Probably not, other than taking screen shots of some
> of the management screens.

(sigh) Shame. It isn't a ten-minute job to write a quick database-download utility, then?

> And you wouldn't really get enough detail on the
> leaders, like their
> families (a design feature that I thankfully dropped
> pretty early).

Makes sense. Too much detail. Just keeping track of all their prejudices is bad enough :)

> >of course KoDP
> >doesn't have all the sub-cults and other
> >complications, does it? Is that a function of the
> >system, or of the setting being a few centuries
> >earlier?
>
> Give me some credit Jane! Even if Thunder Rebels had
> been out when we
> did KoDP, there was no way I was going to put that
> much individual detail into the game.

Not on the surface, but I wondered if it was hidden underneath? An awful lot of clever stuff is, after all.

> It's intended to introduce Glorantha to new
> players!

Which it does. That *is* the hand-out I gave to my players who'd never met Glorantha before. Lent them my CD, then a week later told them where they could buy it.

> And I'm sure there was detail enough, just giving
> broad-brush cults at the clan level.

For those purposes, yes.

> As for a few centuries earlier: I think you can read
> between the
> lines and see a Vinga subcult that is no longer
> worshipped.

Oh, yes! Pathfinder: not needed much when you already know your tula, and never leave it.

Do You Yahoo!?
Everything you'll ever need on one web page from News and Sport to Email and Music Charts http://uk.my.yahoo.com