An accessible list for an accessible game (WAS Re: [HeroWars] Re: re. (Now I have some questions))

From: Robin D. Laws <rdl_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 14:30:05 -0600

At 08:12 PM 3/24/2003 +0100, Julian Lord wrote:

>I'm personally getting fed up with the attitude that ALL
>non-basic subjects should be dumped into the GD / trashcan.

I hope Jeff will not be offended if I jump in to make a point in his defense.

If we want HQ to remain accessible to newcomers, it needs a forum which is likewise accessible to newcomers -- a point of entry where folks can pop in and not get the immediate impression that they must master miles of minutiae in order to have fun playing games set in Glorantha. From the earliest days of HQ/HQ's development, the team recognized this need, and this is the list meant to fill that need.

The GD is not the trashcan. It is meant for another level of Gloranthan enjoyment -- the reveling in non-basic subjects and the joyful traversing of miles of minutiae. The goddess has many paths...

Take care >>> Robin