Re: re. (Now I have some questions)

From: Jeff <jakyer_at_...>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2003 19:34:37 -0000

When it becomes apparent that the thread is veering into gloranthan esterica which has little to do with actually playing a game? A moderator tends to step in in such a case.

Or when a topic seems to becoming snippy or overly personal or snide -  as per some remarks made by someone last week. I have seen how quickly tempers seem to flare. Perhaps I err on the side of caution but I also remember what the GD used to be like.

But, sniping comments from the Old Guard aside, it boils down to this - the list is run to try to enable people to play HeroWars/HeroQuest and is run at the behest of Issaries by myself with the help of some very able moderators such as Nick, James and Steve.

> I'm personally getting fed up with the attitude that ALL
> non-basic subjects should be dumped into the GD / trashcan.

Discussing why an Uleria temple is in Apple lane is fine. Disccusing the primal nature of Ulera vis a vis Oranth and their relative power as a Great God and a memeber of the Celestial Court is not. Surely you can see that for yourself.

Besides, Graham would probably enjoy more traffic on the digest.

> Sometimes, Jeffe, those weird subjects are EXACTLY what
> attracted us all to Glorantha in the first place ...
>
> Julian Lord

True enough, however, many of these topics are being discussed at far too great a depth. When people start dragging out Enkosiad, GRoY or debating just when a particular quote on the properties of Tin occured, or if they start discussing the "One True Way to Run Augments" then I think its time for the thread to move to a more appropriate venue.

And, as I have said to you in the past, it is always better to contact me in private rather than make a public fuss. Its generally considered more polite.

Yours Truly

Jeff Kyer
Herowars List Owner