Re: Selling HW to players of other systems?

From: pradal_pir <pradal_pir_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 09:04:46 -0000

> To me, Miyazake's "fantasy" epics (like Mononoke, or Nausicaa)
> are as close to the feel of Glorantha as anything else I've seen
> that's even remotely mainstream. Despite the inclusion of the
> guns. Sure the technology is wrong, and the settings are
> different. But the FEEL is absolutely dead, spot on, in my
> opinion.

Hi,
I'm totally agreed with you, Viktor.
AFAIK, Princess Mononoke and Nausicaa are the prime inspirational sources of my incoming HQ/HW campaign. With the Robert Holdstock 'Mythago' et 'Merlin Codex' book sequels. And, since the beginning, I've advised my players to see this japanim and to read these books.
Pierre.