Re: Yet another bloody mailing list.

From: Graham Robinson <graham_at_...>
Date: Tue, 08 Apr 2003 11:07:12 +0100

>Answer: the official lists.

Possibly worth pointing out that there is nothing the least "official" about the Glorantha Digest...

>I perceive a need, maybe I'm right, maybe I'm wrong.
>I've just seen one too many thread killed by the moderators
>to agree with you.

I don't recall killing a single thread of yours on the Digest. In fact my "moderation" has amounted to telling off a couple of people who posted articles for which they didn't own copyright, encouraging the death of the odd thread that has no Gloranthan content at all, and a few discussions (such as this) where I have tried to counter the image of the Digest as somehow a place for "negative" threads - something you and a few others persist in perpetuating.

So, I'll ask again, exactly what is stopping you holding this discussions on the Digest?

>Graham, if you don't like the idea, then just don't subscribe.

I don't like the idea enough that I would like *other people* not to subscribe. I do not think the community is served by further fracturing.

> > Seriously, folks, a new mailing list needs a *good* reason to exist.
> > There is already a home for all the discussions Julian mentions. Why
> > not just use the existing mailing lists for their intended purposes?
>
>Good question. What's the answer ?

As far as I'm aware there is no answer. As you see the problem, you need to supply the answer. I, as moderator, can then try to fix any problem that exists.

Cheers,
Graham

--
Graham Robinson