Re: Mailing lists

From: Mick Rowe <mickrowe.ygmv_at_...>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 2003 16:15:37 +0100

Hi all,

Graham wrote:
> Is it really too much to ask that people try and compromise a bit
first?

Ian wrote:
> Yes let's compromise - allow GD subscribers to have individual
emails
> rather than the one size fits all daily digest. Then everyone will
be
> happy.

Ironically, one of the reasons i proposed the regional lists was as a compromise to get around the GD's formatting. If it was set up as a yahoogroup, or work the same way as a yahoogroup so i could read the messages om my pc, it would be far more accessible and usable and would negate much of the need for additional lists

Saying that there is still an argument for having regional lists

Mark wrote:
> If the definition of a new list is purely defined in
> negatives (not HQ-rpg, not GD) then that seems quite a
> poor basis

On the contrary, I'd see regional lists as a boon to the community Where do those who have learnt the basics go when they want a bit more depth about Sartar or the Orlanthi. Currently, the next step is to the GD, full of info and theories about places they have never even heard of. As has been said on other threads too much breadth and depth all at once puts people off the game. IMO Having lists focussed on regions will make that step easier.

> Multiple lists fill me with horror and dismay .... but I really
> don't see this community as so huge that fragmentation is the answer

I dont see 6 regional lists as excessively fragmenting the tribe, those that wish to can be members of more than one list.

Cheers,
Mick