Re: Lunar Handbook census ?'s

From: David Banuelos <midnightq2_at_...>
Date: Wed, 09 Apr 2003 02:23:30 -0000

> To pick a very simple example from the ILH (p. 30), Darjiin is
listed
> as 65% Darjiini, 27% Dara Happan, and 8% Lunar. I'd estimate,
then,
> that of the 8% Lunar population, 2/3 are ethnic Darjiini and 1/3
are
> ethnic Dara Happan.

This gets to the heart of my question. Those three numbers add up to exactly 100%. This gave me the impression that those are three _seperate_ groups, begging the question, "Who are these 'Lunars'?" If, instead, the Lunar population overlaps with the other two, this begs, "What about the remaining non-Darjiini non-Dara Happan 8%?" My central question is, are there people who are just "Lunar," who have never belonged to any other cultural or ethnic group?

Thanks,
David