Re: Lunar Handbook census ?'s

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 09:38:01 +0200

David :

> 2. I'm unsure about the use of the classification
> "Lunar", in the censuses and elsewhere. I was under
> the impression that the term usually refers to either
> Imperial citizenship or adherence to the Lunar
> religion, thus being more of a political/religious
> classification than a cultural/racial one. I figured
> almost all "Lunars" are also something else, such as
> Darra Happan. The censuses seem to suggest that there
> is an actual Lunar race. If so, where do they come
> from, who are their ancestors, what clothes do they
> wear, etc.? I can't find any description of "Lunars"
> in the book other than the Imperial citizen
> description.

It's :

First, a religious classification, referring to people having given themselves to the Lunar religion.

Second, an increasingly cultural/racial one, as these people have kids over the generations, tending towards the spread of a bona fide Lunar culture and race.

The Silver Shadow satrapy is where the largest concentration of such people can be found.

Julian Lord