Re: Games at Gencon UK

From: Newt <newtiswrong_at_...>
Date: Sat, 12 Apr 2003 09:03:33 -0000

Hiya Luke

All the games that Mick Rowe, Darran Sims and myself are running at GenCon are designed to be run for complete newcomers to the rules and setting. This applys to even the race specific scenarios, such as the Troll and Dwarf games, and the Lunar scenarios. This be said if you know the background you'll still get a whole load of fun out of the Games. I've previously run "Last Seen in Pavis", which is a game with Lunar Pcs, with both complete Newbies to both rules/setting and a group of Gloranthaphiles (a game at Battlemasters,http://www.eurolog.org/display_article.php?art_id=8, which Mick and Darran will remember :) ). Both games where equally fun, but had completly different, but no less valid, endings due to the setting knowledge of the players.

As far as getting a taster for the setting,if you play in a couple you should get a nore than a taste for Glorantha. Because the games we are running are so diverse they cover alot of ground. We've specifically designed the games so that they gently immerse the players in richness of the setting, without making players feel as if they are swamped with detail...which gets in the way of their game.

Rules wise, HW is very pick up and play. Within the constraints of a 3-4 hour convention slot I have never had a problem with getting stuck with the rules.

Look forward to seeing you there.

;O)Newt