RE: Power of deities

From: Wesley Quadros <wquadros_at_...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2003 09:07:07 -0700

Hello All,

IMO, the power of a diety is evident in 3 ways: count the number and breadth of worshippers; cound the number of aspects and subcults; and visit the godplane.

Cafoldur, for example has a few thousand worshippers in the area around Cafol. Shargash has 70,000 in Alkoth alone and comunal worship from every Dara Happan in Peloria. He also gets propitiatory worship from the Darjinni and the Karasali - heck even the Orlanthi know him as Jagrekiand and he gets some (very little but some) power from their rituals as well.

Cafoldur has no aspects and no subcults (YGWV). Shargash has 4 aspects and an undeterminate number of subcults.

On the otherside, Cafoldur's home is probably on the heroplane and worshippers may have difficulty getting onto the god plane from there. They spend most of their time watching Cafoldur doing horseythings. Shargash's home in in the deepest dark pit of the godplane. From there his worshippers can exit into any age in history (except Green) and most places. They can watch Shargash smash umath, dark eater, the earth, the oceans, the sky and even Yelm.

Wesley

~~~^~~~

Wesley Quadros
wquadros_at_...