Re: Heroquesting in HeroQuest

From: Peter Metcalfe <metcalph_at_...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 19:14:25 +1200

At 06:58 AM 4/22/03 +0000, you wrote:

>However, I have found that in the ILH-1 there is not any reference to
>mythic eras in the lunar, animist and wizardly cults (and there are
>references for the other ones). Why? What is the current view of
>heroquests?

IMO in sorcery, the mythic eras correspond to what plane you are currently on. Thus:

Law Plane               Green Age
Saints Plane            Golden Age
Spell Plane             Storm Age
Hell                    Great Darkness

It is more difficult to get to the Golden Age than it is to the Storm Age and almost impossible for sorcerers to get to the Green Age due to it being a wibble-9 place. Hell OTOH is easy to get to but nobody wants to go there.

As for animism, my understanding is that you can find any route to any period from your home base in the Spirit World. But unless you are a good shaman, you can't find it.

--Peter Metcalfe