Re: How do the Orlanthi feel about suicide?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 09:53:17 -0700

> Viktor wonders:
>
> >Under what conditions is accepted? Approved of? Reluctantly understood?

Well, there's always the Cult of Humakt - cut yourself off from all that was you and become an avatar of Death. Heck, you can even learn "DeathSong Berserk" and go out in a blaze of glory!

But of course, the question to ask is "*Why* is the character committing suicide?" Is it because there is not honorable way to get out of a situation? Or is it a cry for help? Or the person is deathly ill and doesn't want to live in pain? Or an "I hate you I hate you and you'll be sorry when I'm dead" adolescent type thing?

RR
- Richelieu