Re: How do the Orlanthi feel about suicide?

From: palashee <mickrowe.ygmv_at_...>
Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2003 15:35:16 -0000

oliver wrote:
> I suspect suicide is too passive to see much approval among the
> Orlanthi. I imagine they prefer more proactive actions, like
> killing the people bothering you:-)

This would be my take on it too.

> But seriously my feeling would be that the suicidal attack
> is probably the most approved of version.

i would have thought that a mad attack would not be considered suicide, but would be getting close to your god. There are lots of berserker types out there.

> I guess killing yourself to avoid kinstrife would probably be
> understood as well, e.g. a daughter is raped by her father and
> then kills herself instead of trying to kill him or getting
> him killed. (Sorry about using the "R" word but it was the
> best example I could think of).

i not sure this would work, couldn't others contact her spirit after she topped herself to find out why.

> You'd probably have to be backed into a corner for suicide to
> be approved of.

May be if your choice was as stark as 'start worshipping my nice lunar god or else' would warrant committing suicide. Its better to be dead than red.

Perhaps lots of Humakti or other death gods commit suicide to get closer to their god quicker. The ultimate sacrifice.

Cheers,
Mick