Re: Flower Day question...

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 03:18:13 -0000

This made me recall some things I've been wondering about for a while:

I cannot recall a single mention of one VERY important pre-industrial crop as a regular part of any culture: Flax.

does anyone know who or where it's grown? In Glorantha that is.

In the same vein, how about cotton? Yes, it was hard to spin because the fibers weren't as long as wool, but Egypt grew it from pretty early on.

Further, there's the ever-Real-World-popular marijuana/hemp. (Yes I know there's a difference, but not by much.) Hemp is the premiere rope material prior to the Hurst paper empire. Bound to be important to shamans trying to get into the right mind set as well as decandent lunar satraps.

All of these were important export crops for one or another ancient nation.

I'm sure Greg has an opinion on this....

Mike Dawson
http://differentgames.onestop.net/