Duck Cigar Heroquests

From: Wilfried, Hallier <vingo_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 11:33:52 -0000

I am sure John that you raise an very important subject.

As I am working on Malani tribe origins, I found the connection with Lismelders. Themselves are allied with ducks of the Marsh.

I feel some of them use the cigar as a powerfull focus/fetish in their expedition into the Marsh.

Delecti uses the fog of the marsh to lost people and help his monsters to ambush intruders.
So ducks found a power in the cigar to counter the Delecti's Fog.

For those who accompagnied an humakti ducks expedition in the Marsh, didn't you see one of them with a cigar ? Most Delecti's monsters use 'Hide in fog'. To counter that, ducks found a quest, which provide feats:
* 'Hide in Smoke'.

A durulz heroquest has been discover many century ago. This heroquest have many stations where you have to raise power of elements:
* Seduce a Earth Goddess, so she offers to make tobacco grow and
  to make cigars as a an evidence of virility.
* Challenge a Fire God to burn the cigar and obtain cloud of smoke,
  then steal his secret.
* Convince an Air God that Smoke is from his tribe so smoke would
  be dispersed very slowly, and accept his gift 'see in smoke'.
* Resist attack of Iphara Murder Fog in hiding in the Secret Cloud
  of Smoke.

There are other quests to get, but bo ducks would tell me more.
* 'Resist Noxious Cloud'

I can remember that in 16xx, Lunar Inquisitors get one power of the cigar. Interested in destroying ducks to help Delecti, Danfive Xaron Devotees found a part of the 'Burnt of the Cigar' Quest. After many tries, they could use it to intimidate, to torture, to give punishment and to understand the nature of suffering.

What else ?
As ducks live near the Marsh every days, they have no problem to preserve cigars from humidity.
I supposed they have a 'Cigar Bringer Hero' who discovers many ways to use this powerfull object. And so a Hero Cult has grown, maybe another way of Orlanth Ligthbringer. Surviving in the Marsh explains itself why so much male ducks use cigars.

Will
Lyon, France.