Duck Cigar Feats (No, Seriously)

From: John Hughes <john.hughes_at_...>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2003 17:54:16 +1000

Sewiously now, dis is wesearch.

Ducks seem to have a cultural obsession with cigars. Not only do they seem to feature in a substantial minority of duck art, but some dwead durultz will actually heroquest to obtain extra teeth. Cigars and cigar smoking are obviously vewy important to duck culture, the obvious way to impress other members of the nest, to demonstrate your wealth and virility, and to offer sacrifice of earth, fire and air to Poveri, Canarda and all the Pond Pantheon.

I'm certainly no expert, but some of the minor magical cigar talents developed by Durultz might include:

Any others? Any thoughts on cigar cults, cigar feats, or duckish cigar rituals? Who is the smoking god, and why have cigars become so central to such a watery wace? Just how do they keep them dry?

I'd be interested in hearing ideas from duck lovers, duck haters and cigar smokers all.

Cheers

John

John Hughes
Centre for Aboriginal Economic Policy Research Australian National University
Canberra ACT 2600

Phone (02) 6125 0649