Re: Re: Duck Cigar Feats (No, Seriously)

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 12:44:10 +0100 (BST)

> > It occurs to me that we are assuming here that
> Duck
> > Cigars are made of tobacco. This may well be
> false.
> > I'm sure there are plenty of other plants that can
> be
> > rolled up and set light to, with much more
> interesting
> > effects. And, of course, the effects needn't be
> the
> > same for ducks as for humans.
>
> Whilst Jane's comment has won few friends in "Ogden
> & 'ling of
> Nochet: Finest Latakia Import Co. (since 1368
> S.T.)", it is a fair
> point, though one I'd probably side with 'baccy' on.
>
> Why keep tobacco?

Hang on: I wasn't suggesting getting rid of it! Only that there are other things one can smoke *as well*. Of course, if humans assume that what's being smoked is tobacco, and they're wrong, that can make for fun in itself.

I was thinking more in terms of some plant or other with the same plot effects as Asterix's Magic Potion. Quite rare, of course. Most cigars probably *are* just tobacco, just as most Orlanthis' blue body paint is just blue body paint, and go-faster stripes do not imply a faster chariot.

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/