Re: Duck Cigar Feats (No, Seriously)

From: Stewart Stansfield <stu_stansfield_at_...>
Date: Wed, 06 Aug 2003 12:26:21 -0000

> Hang on: I wasn't suggesting getting rid of it!

Sorry - was trying to cover the general issue from several bases, I may have missed the focus! Different racial responses to different leafs (not leaves!) is a fun idea, I agree.

> I was thinking more in terms of some plant or other
> with the same plot effects as Asterix's Magic Potion.
> Quite rare, of course.

I have followed much the same course with regard to 'shrooms. IMG Ducks have a far greater tolerance to psychoactive mushrooms (and Voralans) than humans do. There are several types of strange fungi which grow in the humid forests of Caladraland, fed on various volcanic gases, and tended by the Voralan Shroomherders. For some humans, they are tool for ritual ceremonies; for the ducks they're just nice sauteed with grubs!

Which can lead to problems when they nonchalantly try a kind the've never encountered before...