Re: Parts of Gbaji

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 09:36:46 -0000

> I play in a Lunar campaign and we come across "part of Gabji" that
we
> have to deal with (as evil). Now I find I'm not sure I understand
> how we, as Lunar's are likely to see them.

I think even different Lunars might see things differently, after all it happened a long time ago in a place that isn't even part of the Empire (Dorastor).

> The posts I've seen say that these are not parts of Nysalor, so
that
> Gabji wasn't Nysalor who had been corrupted by Arkat(?). So the
view
> is that Arkat, in his drive to destroy Nysalor, became first a
Troll
> and then became a monster called Gabji? Is this the Gabji that the
> Red Moon Goddess defeated in her goddess quest?

The deceiver has many masks, and no-one knows them all. In truth nobody can be absolutely certain what happend, or which of them was the deciever. Perhaps both were, perhaps neither.

There is no one single view that every game must take. One way to handle it might be to have different factions within the Empire pressuring the players in one direction or the other. Have some Orlanth turn up that want to kill chaos, and some fanatical Ralian spies that are here to recover a lost part of Arkat. Everyone percieves it in the way they are pre-disposed to, the 'Nysalorian Truth' being that we make our own demons and in the end only deceive ourselves (At least, that's what it says in the fortune cookie).

Simon Hibbs