RE: Re: TLAs (etc etc) to be avoided

From: Ross McPhee <ross.mcphee_at_...>
Date: Thu, 7 Aug 2003 16:25:00 +0100

Nick:
> I do think a FAQ should be included in the Files section though.
> I can't tell you how long it took me to discover what some of the
> acronyms stood for!

  Ross, please can you advise on a blurb for "abbrevns.htm" that'd be   more effective than the one that's already there (in both the Files   and the Links section of this Yahoo!Group). I can easily edit it, if   only I knew what to say differently!

I did actually take a look in the Files section before I wrote the above but didn't spot your file.

The description of the file is fine. However, I think that the Files section needs reorganising. I went in there expecting to find a directory called "Read Me First" or something similar that would contain Newbie life support files. I guess I should have looked harder, but it is hard to spot the wood from the trees with such a flat directory structure.