Re: Re: An awful canard, and durulz winter sports

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2003 21:12:30 +0100 (BST)

> Wow. I shall have to revise my opinion of Field
> Hockey to something
> of a worthy companion to Ice hockey.
>
> Don't forgoet to "Give Blood" - on the ice. Its for
> the team.

A little too close to truth for comfort. My younger sister very nearly lost an eye due to being hit in it with a hockey stick.

Protection? Don't be silly, this isn't American football! I once saw shin pads for the goalie, but that was thought of as being pretty wimpish.

And back in Glorantha... I wonder how many games are quite similar between two cultures, except that one does them in full armour and the other sky-clad? Could be an interesting clash when they got together.

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://uk.messenger.yahoo.com/