Re: sports and Ignorance

From: dzo01 <dzo_at_...>
Date: Sat, 09 Aug 2003 14:19:52 -0000

> Speaking of American sports, I'm not sure who plays the Ball Game,
> found throughout Mesoamerica. (It's famous for the losing team
being
> sacrificed, though I doubt this was done except in ritual
> circumstances.)

I would go for Bliss in Ignorance myself. They already have the (inverted) step pyramids (arenas?) and lots of bloody sacrifices. Losers get to be the celebratory feast and, incidentaly, be the raw material for more specters...

No doubt viciously suppressed by the Kralori mandarins during their occupation, but now undergoing a resurgence under the nefarious Can Shu as part of one of his diabolical schemes. Perhaps it serves some ritual function in keeping the blood sun unmindful of himself - lost in a stupifying haze of blood and narcotics drenched worship.

Hmmm, I wonder if the underlying goal of worship of the bloody sun is to keep him ensnared in the world by the basest means possible - blood, gore and drugs - so to prevent his achieving enlightenment and reclaiming his third eye?

Cheers,
Dave Pearton