BBC does Heortlings v. Lunars

From: Mandacaru <mandacaru_at_...>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2003 16:01:51 -0000

Speaking of woad, there was a programme on telly (UK) last night which was essentially wargaming the battle of Watling Street (?), with a small Lunar (sorry, Roman, but they were dressed in red) force being attacked by six times their number of nutty, woadpainted  Heortlings (sorry, Britons), led by Queen B. (I refuse to be told how I should have spelled her name), with beserkers and all.

Unfortunately the programme was truly awful, despite being hosted by Eddie Mair (off radio 4, a star). They had four bods commanding the Romans, they chose as their strategy leaving the high ground which had trees to either side, and fanning their forces out in lines twomen  thick on the plains below. The result was predictable and not very illuminating.

So, there was virtually nothing of merit in the programme, and I have little to say on it, but it was curious to see. Never know, maybe someone wants to stride along to Shepherd's Bush and tell them where they went wrong / volunteer to be the bods on the next series (if there is one).

Sam.
p.s. Well, that's my Friday afternoon. Bar.