Re: Kralori Heroquestion

From: illuminate33 <inarsus-ferilt-z_at_...>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2003 01:32:59 -0000

Message 18586 of 18590 | Previous | Next [ Up Thread ] Message Index

After the long waiting nearly one month, my HQ copy was lost (or long delayed), blame UPS system without any tracing method...

> Having said that, I wondered if there were any opinions on how I
might
> structure orders and schools. I have considered "churches" for
each province (not
> called "churches", that sounds to westerm), or possibly orders for
each Exarch
> (or Archexarch), treating them almost as living Saints.

Umm, is it official canon from HQ? Perhaps Kralori temples or churches are called "Guan" according to RW taoism temples.

> Then again, previous
> Emperors might also have orders, Tharlurzni's order of alchemy,
Vayobi's order
> of war and writing, Vashanti's order of righteousness, Mikadays
legal order
> etc, and so on until there is a hugh mish mash of orders, schools
and other
> Imperial organisations whose shared aim is the veneration of the
Emperor.

> My current model is that most Kralorelans, even Mandarins, do not
usually
> concentrate magic, that people such Aptanace the Sage and
other "mortal" culture
> heroes provide common magic and that the Mandarin's encourage
worship of other
> entities as long as it does not interfere with the Imperial
Adorations.

I think Theism and Animism also found among Kralori. In Greg's note, it seems that Youf used all of three methods. But maybe it was gregged, or not related to Kralori method.

> Next question* is: If the whole religion revolves around
venerating the
> Emperor what happened when Shang Hsa took over. Would the
veneration have gone up
> as far as the exile Exarchs in the Kingdoms of New Wisdom, would
it have been
> directlyusurped by the New Dragon Ring, or would the Immanent
Masters created a
> new religion to replace Imperial Adoration.

Many of good Kralori followed Yanoor his death. Maybe they went to false land of dead for kralori, or bound to Middle World without bodies.....

In War in Heaven, Godunya let inner dragons of immanent masters' eat inside from their body.

> Keith
> *this assumes I am anywhere near what other people think on the
first part of
> this. The MGFer in me makes me think the Dragon Kings are lacking
in
> effective magic and need to resort to hiring hsunchen, pentans and
worse (agimori,
> duck, morocanth, humakti, unspeakable adventurers) to do their
dirty work

My MGFer certainly opposes to yours. :-)

> - but
> this is not really needed. The game would be set during the New
Dragon Ring
> period.

Revealed Mythologies mentioned good suggestion to the relationship between Youf and NDR, (and maybe NDR method led Youf downfall...)