Geo's question

From: pedrodevaca <pavis_gm_at_...>
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 05:21:45 -0000

Unsure if this is the proper list to post this question to... but anywho,

I was curious as to folk's take on the cult of Geo's and the various Geo's Inns around Dragon Pass and the Zola Fel Valley. Information about them is hard to come by.

>From my understanding Geo is the Sartarite godlet of hospitality. I
have also read (not sure where) that the inns are selective about their patrons. This seems a bit contradictory.

My take is that the Geos inns and cults are somewhat of a drinker's club. Sure, you become an 'initiate' of Geo, but requirements are little more than doing business at Geo's establishments and buying a round of drinks occasionally for the regulars. The idea of hospitality is, as with most Heortling traditions, expected to extend only to other cultists or friendly Sartarite travelers.

But, I don't see an establishment like this having much success, let alone becoming popular enough to form a 'chain' of inns. Moreover, I'm not sure that all of this fits into the HeroQuest 'vision' of Genertela. Any ideas or comments would be welcome.

cheers.