New devotees, starting feats

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 00:08:18 -0000

Over on the Rules list, a conclusion has just been reached that a "new" devotee gets three feats in each affinity.

OK so far. But it gets me wondering: just what, narrative-wise, is involved in devotion? Whether done in play or as part of the backstory,  it seems likely to be a Big Deal. Learning nine new Feats is just the start of it.

My particular interest at present is in Humakt, but the question would apply to all cults. How have others handled it? What cool ideas can I borrow?

(BTW, the sample in the HQ book, spend your 24 HP and go from "who's Humakt?" to "I'm a devotee" with no narrative at all, is NOT what I'm after.)