Re: Re: Humakti Devotion

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:47:41 +0000 (GMT)

The reason why he severed relationships seems to vary enormously depending on which myth you're reading. Off-hand, I can think of:

  1. Because he was so disgusted at Orlanth's past actions (nicking his sword)
  2. To protect the Storm Tribe from his proposed future actions
  3. So that when he beat up Orlanth to get his stolen sword back, it wouldn't count as kin-slaying (!)

As yet I don't know of any where he was trying to get away from the consequences of past actions, though. Must be time to write one :)

Jane Williams

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk