Re: Re: Humakti Devotion

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 13:49:29 +0000 (GMT)

> All of these deal with Humakt's relation to
> the Storm Tribe -- is
> it necessarily an aspect of all versions of Humakt?

Good question. Quite possibly not. He's always listed as one of the sons of Umath, and I thought went through a pre-Arkat stage of being called "Humath".

> Humakt is worshipped
> outside of Orlanthi culture in (at least) Esrolia
> and Carmania

My guess would be that the Esrolian version is based on the Orlanthi one. I don't know enough about Carmania to comment.

> Maybe their myths about Humakt have say he
> left own family in disgust to take service with a
> better (more honest, more
> correct, more whatever) group.

Theirs, for instance :) Rather like the Orlanthi myths about Elmal.

> Maybe non-Orlanthi Humakti don't sever their
> connection to their families. Maybe they immediately
> replace loyalty to a
> family with loyalty to a lord, temple, community,
> whatever on initiation --
> showing their extreme abstract dedication to a group
> or cause rather than individuals.

I like it! Fits my current PC, and also the Household of Death (back in Orlanthi lands).

Jane Williams

Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE Yahoo! Messenger http://mail.messenger.yahoo.co.uk