Re: Help Wanted with White Moon Heroquest

From: David P. Summers <dsummers_at_...>
Date: Wed, 19 Nov 2003 12:10:36 -0800

At 2:32 PM +0000 11/18/03, Gavin Kenny wrote:
>Hi,
> I've been running my game in and around Pavis for nearly a year
>and I am building up to a dramatic climax whereby the player
>characters are going to help a White Moon Lunar Priestess perform a
>Heroquest to speed up the turning of the moon from the Red Moon to
>the White moon. The background implies that this has happened in the
>past (i.e. the moon changing colours), but I'm suddenly finding
>myself bereft of ideas for the writing of such a heroquest.

In the game I'm in, we are playing Lunar's. We had a mission to stop a "White Moon Now" conspiracy that sought to (at least as we saw it) pervert the White Moon by bringing it ahead of its time. While some of the major players were a heretical Lunar faction, the Orlanthi were also involved. So it might have some relevance to your situations (turned around, of course) and summaries of the sessions in the campaign were written and put up on... <http://www.orion-forever.com/firesword/campaign/campaign1/index.asp>

I don't know if it is complete, but it has most of them.

>Can the notable gloranthans out there provide any suggestions for the
>Heroquest ? - I have in the party 1 Initiate of Humakt, 1 Opilli
>Initiate, 1 Yelmalian Desert Tracker, 2 Lhankor Mhy Initiates and an
>Issaries Initiate.

We had started to do a few Heroquests by then, but the denouement focused on taking the cite of the cermoney and, IIRC, conducting our own cermony while holding off a counter-attack.

--
David P. Summers, SETI Institute
Mail Stop 239-4

650-604-6206