Help Wanted with White Moon Heroquest

From: Gavin Kenny <Gavken_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 14:32:20 -0000

Hi,

    I've been running my game in and around Pavis for nearly a year and I am building up to a dramatic climax whereby the player characters are going to help a White Moon Lunar Priestess perform a Heroquest to speed up the turning of the moon from the Red Moon to the White moon. The background implies that this has happened in the past (i.e. the moon changing colours), but I'm suddenly finding myself bereft of ideas for the writing of such a heroquest.

The campaign has really built up such that everyone in Pavis is on a knife edge. Sor Eel is under pressure as he has let the cradle escape and the high profile lunar agitator (the Lunar Priestess) has been taken by the players when being escorted to a Moonboat. One of the players only narrowly escaped last session being grilled by the governer about their involvement in the escape through an inspired piece of trickery.

I'm trying to get them to try and elicit community support for the Heroquest, which should be interesting in a place like Pavis, where half of the community tacitly support the Empire and the other half are Satarite sympathisers who are bound to be suspicious of any Lunar.

Can the notable gloranthans out there provide any suggestions for the Heroquest ? - I have in the party 1 Initiate of Humakt, 1 Opilli Initiate, 1 Yelmalian Desert Tracker, 2 Lhankor Mhy Initiates and an Issaries Initiate.

Many Thanks,

Gavin