Re: Re: Humakti devotion

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2003 17:22:32 +0100

Nils :

> >The Esrolian version probably is a version of the Orlanthi one. They
> >might have Humakt as a Husband-Protector and maybe there are more
> >Esrolian Humakti who marry and - maybe - even have children.
>
> I don't think so.

Neither do I.

> Humakti should be scary. Heortlings fear Humakti
> because they are not bound by kinship. I think Esrolians fear Humakti
> because they are not bound as husband-protectors.
>
> There is little room for such loyalties in Humakti philosophy.

More importantly, Humakt's mythic r�le is death, so that the Esrolian Humakt cults are directly opposed to the core life-affirming ideals of Esrolian society.

Well, as Husband, anyway.

Humakt may be included in some Esrolian Ana Gor "marriage" rituals, though, but of course these would be exceptional, last resort type things IMO. Julian Lord

PS AKA Human Sacrifice, for those not knowing the source material inside out ... ;-)

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"