Re: Blue Moon

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 Dec 2000 23:51:07 +0200 (EET)

On Tue, 5 Dec 2000 kmnellist_at_... wrote:

> A player wants his character to be a Blue Moon cultist. I have made up a
> brief magic keyword and the following affinities and feats:
>
> Affinities:
> >Secrecy (Secret Truths, Obscure Fact, Conceal Truth, Conceal Self)
> >Otherworld (Identify Runic Power, Bash Spirit, Defend Against Magic)
> >Movement (Blue Streak, Move Unseen, Invisible Path)

Bash spirit sounds a bit heavyhanded for annilla (or whatever her name is these days)

> I wanted to see if there was any opinion on these, the Otherworld ones are
> nicked from Lunar cults. After I gave him this list it occured to me that it
> should have "Command Selene Daimon" but I think this might be used to
> "Command" other Canadian singers with only a small improv modifier. Is Celine
> Dion aware of her Lunar Elemental status?
>
> I also need a good idea for a cult secret - a cult secret for a cult whose
> main objective is secrecy. So far I am able to claim that no one knows what
> the secret is.
>
> Keith N

In the old RQ writeup there are mentions to the cult's divination magic, that gives random facts. It is also mentioned that once in a cultists life he/she may receive a divination that is relevant and useful.

Parhaps the cult secret would be something like "Understand Annilla", that would let one try to get useful information out of the confused jumble of secrets that is Annilla.

Parhaps this should work as a kind of enlightenment (going a bit mad), enabling one to think more like Annilla.

        -Adept