Re: Hiia armor?

From: Bryan <bethexton_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 19:21:43 -0000

But the Grazers were already there when the resettlement started, and I think they were without serfs at the time? So at one time their lifestyle and location let them get through the winters. I expect that they are far wealthier now, with much larger herds and a less precarious existence, now that they have Vendref.

Of course, we don't (I don't think?) have a timeline for how long before the resettlement the Grazers arrived, so I suppose it is possible that they were failing before the vendref arrived like an answer to their prayers. Oh, or heroquest. There is an idea, the resettlement was possible because the Grazers did mighty quests to nullify the dragonewt magic that kept everyone away. Maybe some variant of 'Summons of Evil,' where the questor(s) had to remove the obstacles that lay between them and their foe so that they could fight? Of course, it sounds like a tough quest, but the grazers were probably heirs to much of the magical parephenalia left behind after the dragon kill, so they should have had some pretty nifty regalia and equipment. (for that matter, they probably still do, which is no doubt one reason they still control their territory).

--Bryan