Re: More winter

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Tue, 9 Dec 2003 17:42:46 -0800

> >Also, at DP levels of low temperature (and in RW), skin adheres to metal,
> and you're likely to lose that patch of skin in the most painful way, when
> you rip the
> >metal off so as to avoid losing your limb, perhaps.
>
> Oh yes, we were warned as kids not to stick our tongues on metal surfaces
in
> winter but we do it anyway. It hurts like hell when you rip them off.

Growing up in LA, we didn't have this problem, but as a young pup of about 7 I *did* get my tongue stuck to a popsicle (that had been kept on dry ice) in the middle of the summer... So I equate getting your tongue stuck with 90+degree heat, not winter. (Christmas Story and Very Merry Muppet Christmas to the contrary notwithstanding. :-) ).

RR
- Richelieu