Re: Digest Number 1513

From: simonbrayuk_at_...
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 04:23:18 EST

Hi All,

 During the write up of HQ voices an issue was raised about Esrolia's military daughters. Initially it was suggested that from each of the husband protectors had been born a military orientated daughter, there was Vinga from Orlanth, Voudisea from Elmal, a sea warrioress, an earth protector (Flamal) and a dark warrioress. However after much debate these were dropped (or shelved) based on the premise that Esrolia is NOT a military orientated society. However I still like the ideas of these daughters, not in the martial terms but as deities that provide access to their father's magic but only to women. It fits with the pattern of Esrolian inheritance, and gives some nice cult ideas. I talked at length about the role of Erantha Gor, Barbeestor Gor etc with Greg and at the time of writing EG had little or no role in his view of the Esrolian military, hence the motivation for having Vinga in there. I must admit my view of the Esrolian Vinga is much more Earth orientated than the Orlanthi mainstream goddess, though in MY Esrolia I agree that Erantha Gor would be in my Esrolian armies.

Simon Bray