Esrolian conflict

From: Peter Larsen <plarsen_at_...>
Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 06:27:11 -0500

At 11:12 AM +0000 12/17/03, ian_hammond_cooper_at_... wrote:
>Simon Bray
>
>>However after much debate these were dropped (or shelved) based
>>on the premise that Esrolia is NOT a military orientated society.
>
>My conception of the Esrolian warriors is that they are defensive
>not offensive (sort of like the Japanese Defence Foces) as
>befits 'another way' nation.

        Heh. So Esrolian conflict might focus on a) diplomacy and related skullduggery and b) goading others into attacking you. It's kind of like "chicken" in reverse -- the Queen who loses her cool first and orders an attack is at a disadvantage (and might lose the war even if her troops carry the day because of loss of prestige). Unlike the usual military strategy, queens want to fight in their own territory (maybe those Earthblood blessings from the Marans offset any damage to the crops and farmers).

Peter Larsen