Gbaji lies! (Was Re: Illuminated Uroxi?)

From: simon_hibbs2 <simon.hibbs_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 12:03:49 -0000

> Note that it can be argued that these are all *Lunar* opinions.
According
> to Orlanthi truth, these are merely dances and lies and
justifications that
> lead one down the road of Gbaji, the deciever.

These are revelations recieved by an illuminate, and therefore the beliefs of the character. What generic Orlanthi or Lunars (who may not be illuminated, remember) believe is beside the point.

> How to reverse this? Delve deeply into Uroxi myth. Understand
*why* Chaos
> is false and wrong and seeks to destroy the universe, which is it's
> unalterable, essential nature. Chaos can not be made to work for
good,
> because it is *not* good, objectively.

Except that illuminates know that good and bad are simply different faces of the same coin. You're talking about a moral compass that illuminates do not posess.

> different. Urox is the last gasp, the stubborn refusal of life to
> surrender. The bat, however, is merely selfish, suicidal hunger,
that cares
> for nothing. By erasing this, Nysalor/Gbaji seeks to create one
more front
> where Chaos reclaims the world.

Who cares about the world? It's irrelevent to illuminates because they know that ultimate transcendence is all that matters. The curse of the spontaneous illuminate is that they get a glimpse of transcendence, but without knowing how to get there; trained mystics get the map, but spontaneous illuminates are left hanging knowing that the material world is essentialy a meaningless waste of time, but trapped in it all the same.

> As an alternative, I'd let a Uroxi use Hero Points to buy off the
> Illumination ability by deeply immersing himself in Uroxi ritual
and prayer,
> gaining his god's understanding of Chaos and why it must be
fought. The
> illumination score would be bought off, like any other flaw.

I think that's ducking the issue. If it's that trivial, why have it in the game in the first place?

Simon Hibbs