Re: Illuminated - help!

From: Rob <robert.davis_at_...>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2004 18:25:34 -0000

but I don't see how
> illumination fits into the Gloranthan cosmology and/or how to tell
> deeply interesting stories with it. Any help would be appreciated,
> especially help that doesn't refer to out-of-print books.
>
> Thanks in advance --
>
> -- Sben

The cult of Nysalor is reprinted in the Cults Compendium (Rick I'm still waiting!) It explains illumination, and as not a games rule per se, it should remain fairly as it is. Greg may/may not confirm this. Nick Brooke has a great section about illumination on his website.

I thought it might be a good concept for a character having an Uroxi who had been illuminated against his wishes and then tried to remove the illumination - perhaps through somekind of heroquest (it was suggested that Delecti might reveal some insights into conciousness reversing over tea!)