Re: Lunars "Gone Native"

From: Stephen Tempest <e-g_at_...>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2004 16:42:06 +0000

"a_verheaghe" <a_verheaghe_at_...> writes:

>Now in addition to the player that wants to play the SunDomer in my
>Hoertling DP campaign I've got one who wants to play a Lunar Soldier
>that's "gone native". What are the implications of this? Will he
>still be able to worship Lunar deities or will they forsake him? How
>in the world am I going to get this guy integrated into the barbarian
>party?

Is he married to one of the barbarians? Or does he believe that the Lunar Empire has betrayed its original ideals and the true teachings of the Goddess?

As for plot hooks, there's always the old standby:

Scene: an undistinguished villa in the upper class area of Furthest. A decurion of the Silver Scimitars is receiving a briefing from a member of the Spoken Word:

"Out there with these natives it must be a temptation to be God. Because there's a conflict in every human heart between the rational and the irrational, between good and evil. The good does not always triumph. Sometimes the dark side overcomes what Sedenya called the better angels of our nature. Every man has got a breaking point. You and I have. [YourPlayer] has reached his. And very obviously, he has gone insane."

"Yes sir, very much so sir. Obviously insane."

"Your mission is to proceed up to the Creek-Stream River with an Army patrol. Pick up [YourPlayer] 's path at Runegate, follow it, learn what you can along the way. When you find [YourPlayer] infiltrate his team by whatever means available and terminate his command."

"Terminate ? [YourPlayer] ?

"He's out there operating without any decent restraint. Totally beyond the pale of any acceptable human conduct. And he is still in the field commanding his troops.
"Terminate with extreme prejudice.
"You understand, Decurion... , that this operation does not exist, nor will it ever exist."

Stephen