Re: Re: Magic in Glorantha?

From: Roderick and Ellen Robertson <rjremr_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 10:26:30 -0800

> I couldn't agree less, actualy. A hero glow means you're someone
> worth listening to, if you're on our side then you being a hero is a
> good thing.
>
> King: "What say you, Oswald?"
> Lawspeaker: "We should listen to this stranger O King, for he has the
> mark of Destiny upon him."
>
> And anyway as I said a post ago, form a game point of view social
> magic should at least be usefull in some situations.

Lawspeaker: "But delay him a day, whilst we prepare thee ritually for the interview."

Hmm, perhaps a better analogy for magic would be Lawyers, rather than weapons - you wouldn't go to a corporate takeover meeting without a phalanx of lawyers at your back, and neither would your opponent. If you aren't currently prepared (this guy just suddenly showed up at the castle gates, after blowing in on a storm wind) you see him, say "We'll talk later, after you have dined and been refreshed after your long, tiring journey" and then bring up your own social magics in preparation, so that you are on the same footing.

RR
- Richelieu