RE: Re: Magic in Glorantha/Moral Conduct

From: matthew.cole_at_...
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 2004 14:26:02 -0000

Perhaps the Chieftain, through the desire to do the best job and get the best from his clan, would use the holy magic gained from his god in the way his god used it - not necessarily because he needs to use it (to control those with a problem with authority) but because it's the holy thing to do.

Of course, and IMHO, the god he's emulating had these magics as Natural Ablilities (!?) so it wouldn't be something the god wouldn't use or could avoid using.

Try substituting Lhankor Mhy for Chief in the quoted sentence below:

" If my chief is always using his command followers to get me and
>> others to do things isn't he doing something wrong? "

As GS has been saying: morals have nothing to do with this.

IMO, morals are more about the 'why' than the 'what'. i.e. cruel to be kind etc

MGIV - my glorantha invariably varies