Re: Cultural weapons

From: Julian Lord <jlord_at_...>
Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2004 19:52:28 +0100

Chris :

> The High Llama broad sword is might be made from a
> Llama thigh bone. That makes it long, probably
> single-edged, for slashing, perhaps with a bump at the
> end where the knee was.

Business end or non-business end IYO ?

Or would this be a YwhitesmithWV thingy ?

;-)

> Praxians work bone and horn pretty
> well. Apart from rocks, it is the hardest thing that
> have available to them.

Gloranthan bone has often been described as a *metal*, remember ...

I think that a sufficiently proficient craftsman/magician could probably shape bone as easily as any other metal, so there must be bone vases, bone war chariots, bone plumbing in ancient tada-shi dwellings etc ...

Although I'm sure that most whitesmiths would find the idea of pounding out the skeletal shapes completely as aesthetically abhorrent ... ... ... ;-)

> Also that a bone sword is inherently fragile. If it
> survived a fierce battle, the Sword Man must have
> blessed you.

Bone can be enchanted, or so I understand Sandy's suggestions, to be as hard as bronze (but I'd agree that, even so, it should remain relatively brittle** ... ).

Julian Lord

--
"Hmmm, I've heard of other powers.

... Real Life ?"