Re: Re: Broos at Moonbroth

From: Andrew Dawson <asmpd_at_...>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 00:02:48 -0600

Of course YGWV, but I think that equating human atrocities committed by Mongols and Tartars with the inhuman uncleanliness of Chaos, given the repeatedly demonstrable nature of the supernatural (deities, spirits, etc.) of Glorantha, cheapens the magical/supernatural nature of Glorantha. But, given the whitewashing of Chaos in HeroQuest and the recent HQ publications, maybe this is the new party line.

So, is Chaos just differing philosophy now, rather than the Lovecraft-Moorcock inspired horror that it formerly seemed to be?

Also, since there seems to be no problem retroactively changing the nature of the great supernatural beings of Prax from gods to spirits, is there a problem reworking other older aspects of Glorantha, such as rewriting history so that Broos were not used as allies by the Praxians at Moonbroth?

Thanks,
Andy