Re: Broos at Moonbroth

From: bethexton_at_...
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 2004 18:03:17 -0000

I'll give one take on this. I'm sure that there are others.

The praxians know that the Chaos Gods/Great Spirits/whatever you call them came close to destroying the world, and did largely destroy Genert's Garden. Therefore of COURSE they'd never worship those beings, they hate them, and never want to see them prosper (i.e. don't want them to be widely worshipped). Mind you, lots of other gods/spirits/whathaveyou did terrible things to, and are also hated, just not quite so strongly.

Chaos beings are not their gods. A broo did not kill Genert. Oh sure, it is awful, dangerous, a worshipper of all that is evil, and is something that you never, ever, ever, want near your herds. But your tribe isn't strong enough to slaughter all of the broos, and even then some would hide and survive and then breed rapidly again. The best strategy has always been to mostly protect your herds against small raids,so they can't breed too rapidly, and to mass against them whenever they get too organized or strong (and hence could do more than mount small raids). Their existence is yet another proof of how horrible the world is compared to the good old days. But they exist, and you have to accept this.

In this light, is trying to manipulate them into attacking your enemy, so that they can kill each other, so impossible? I don't think so. Would everyone be willing to do it? Probably not. Would certain leaders, proud of their pragmatism and desperate to defeat a terrible enemy try it? I wouldn't be surprised.

As I said, just my view. I'm not saying it is right, just that it is one way to look at the situation.

--Bryan