Re: running little heroquests

From: Mike Dawson <mdawson_at_...>
Date: Tue, 02 Mar 2004 15:29:41 -0000

> They have no hero band and no guardian -- the idea of doing a quest
> was to get something with higher ratings (and IMO, probably another
> power).

Ah! My misunderstanding. That's different then.

> If the players wanted a statue that could talk, I'd say it was a
> standard manifestation. They want an animated statue, which seems to
> me a step beyond.

I don't know why. If you read the manifestation description, there is plenty of leeway for something that can chew gum and walk. I think there's even an example group with a guardian that is exactly what you describe they want.

Here's a test I'd use--if a hero described it in his 100 word description as his sidekick, would it be too much?

Too Much: "and his best friend and trusted pet, the Hydra of Hydra Hills"

Just Right: "his strange friendship with a living statue whom he saved from the bottom of the Nelomi Sea."

Mike Dawson
http://differentgames.onestop.net