Re: Questions for a new game

From: Trotsky <TTrotsky_at_...>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 2004 21:48:19 +0000

Stephen Rennell:

>First session of a new game, and the players are getting into
>it more than I expected. Of course, they ask questions I don't
>know the answers to... Is there a more appropriate place to ask
>these questions?

No problem with the questions you've asked, but in case you don't know:

>When an Ernaldan swaps from sub-cult to sub-cult over the
>course of their life, do they lose the affinities and/or feats
>that they might have from the earlier sub-cult?

Yes. They can, however, chose to retain the Aspect affinities (e.g. Heal People, Heal Relationships in the case of Enferalda) *instead* of learning the new Aspect affinities. So they still only have three affinities at the end of it. Special feats (e.g. Enferalda's 'Make Less Tired') cannot be carried over.

>If they became
>for instance an "Enferalda the Supporter" devotee, and then get
>married and have children, could they move to becoming a
>"Mahome the Hearth Goddess" devotee?

They certainly can, although their 'Devoted to' rating will drop to 3/4 its prior value. The only exception is if they have learnt the Secret of the sub-cult: then, they can't change to another one because they're already too devoted to their god.

>Do re-sheathed humakti have normal "relationships" with their
>clan? or do they continue to have no relationship?

Yes, I'd say so. That's rather the point of resheathing, IMO.

>I'm guessing
>they have some sort of relationship, although I wouldn't be
>surprised if it were lower than normal.

Certainly possible!

>One of the players wanted the "knife that cuts anything" and I
>was happy to let him have it; afterwards I thought about it a
>bit, and asked myself - could you use such a thing to sever
>relationships?

I dare say the relationship would get quite a big resistance to being cut with a knife, but, if it seems appropriate, there's no inherent reason why it shouldn't be possible.

--
Trotsky
Gamer and Skeptic