Re: Re: "Magic Road" Travel?

From: Mikko Rintasaari <mikrin_at_...>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 2004 05:28:23 +0200 (EET)

On Fri, 12 Mar 2004, Ian Cooper wrote:

> Jesse Dean
> > Why not just have it so its like a normal breaching between the
> >mortal world and the otherworld. i.e. you need to overcome a 10w3 >
> >barrier.
>
> I would go with that. + you need to know the specific ritual for
> that short world/magic road.
>
> All IMG of course. Greg and II might have a different idea.

Except of course the entry / exit sites of these lay lines are of course soft spots. Possibly only 10w1 resistance, with normal modifiers for additional people taken along. Then again, it's not always compleatly safe on the heroplane, or whatever otherworld the shortcut goes through.

I've had something like this happen in my game. A Household-of-Death member was resting at a Taker shrine on the edge of the stinking forest, and was drawn into the quest of a Zorak Zorani troll trying a spiritual assoult on the forest elves. After soundly trounsing the troll quester (he lost his arm, his death affinity and his weapon) the Humakti continued to Hell-walk towards his destination, coming out of the Humakti holyplace at the other end. Then again this is a w3+ hero.

        -Adept