Converting old monsters

From: Jane Williams <janewilliams20_at_...>
Date: Sun, 9 May 2004 17:10:36 +0100

> > though I hope someday SnakePipe
> > Hollow will get converted.
>
> If it does, I hope it's not simply converted stats-wise into
> HQ, as as it stands it's a bit of a dungeon hack (an
> excellent one that has Gloranthan flavour, but still).

Agreed, but there's so much Gloranthan flavour in there that it would be shame to lose it. Drop the stats and you're down to something manageable quite fast (as with most RQ material!)

> Speaking of old books, I always enjoyed Elder Secrets.
> ... has stats for such grand beasties as the Crimson Bat,

I think the Bat has been "done" for HW/HQ, hasn't it? "Moonrites", IIRC. The Whitewall list took a long look, and even given access to the greatest Orlanthi heroes around, had a very hard time sorting out how to defeat it. Do not use this thing as a random Wandering Monster!