Last Refuge of Scoundrels

From: light_castle_at_...
Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 04:08:42 -0000

So I've started to get some feedback from my players about what sort of game they might want,and there seems to be a bit of a lean towards something where they can have a common enemy of sorts while still having lots of cross purposes to work towards.

 This has sent my mind down the path of having my lovely Lunars as the overarhing foe. (Very traditional, I know) Then, the players can all be searching for some power to stop the Lunars. Here's the trick, each player is from a different homeland/country, and so is at least as concerned with getting the power for "my side" as it is with stopping the Lunars per se. (The idea remains rough in my head right now, it's a late night epiphany kind of thing.)

  The question becomes where to locate them? It would need to be somewhere a number of cultures could easily get to, and somewhere the Lunar Empire threat is visible, if not necessarily directly looming.

  It would seem Dragon Pass itself qualifies, although that's a bit of a hotbed. A little further south into Holy Country also seems to allow for many options. (Including one person perhaps wanting to try and bring Pharoah back, while another perhaps wanting something to strengthen one of the former 6 kingdoms).

  Anyone else got somewhere that might help me choose where to place this?

LC