Re: Kingdom of War speculations

From: Groovelord <coridan_at_...>
Date: Sun, 16 May 2004 22:24:05 -0400

> I really like this idea. Theoblanc as secret anti-hero, it's a nice twist.
I'm not sure why
> purging all the saints would be a defense against Lunar Heroquesting,
though.

>From my understanding, Theoblanc wants the veneration of the Saints to be
directed toward Malkion directly and to be channeled through the one church, that he directly controls. Further,all of these saint nodes on the saint plane represent fronts which can be assimilated into the Lunar Way. An excellent example of this is the entire Carmanian church. While not really Malkioni, the Carmanians are close enough that they provide a good example of how the Lunars would go about subjugating a western people into the many headed hydra that is the magical-religious-political entity known as the Lunar Empire. The last thing he wants to see are Lunar Heroquesters "proving" that Saint Xemela was merely a form of Erissa, or that Xemela's merciful spells and sorceries for healing reveal some obscure Lunar truth. I get the impression that the Rokari would rather ignore the rest of the world and deal with their own local problems, but the Hero Wars are of such magnitude that farsighted leaders are preparing for doomsday. It seems that Theoblanc wants to reduce Rokarism down to a singular impregnable fortress of faith, so as to defend the people from the doom of the Hero Wars (as well as to keep the powers that be, in power.)

CB